Friday, March 22, 2013

Making the Effort

After watching The Biggest Loser finale the other night, I came to the realization that some of these people who were in such terrible shape and who I looked better than...now LOOK better and weigh LESS than I do!  Hello wake up call!  I've been running regularly (and by regularly I mean on my days off...approximately three to four days a week) since January...and I've GAINED weight...what?!?  I've gained four pounds since January when I began running and I cannot for the life of me figure out why this was happening.  So, since I m married to a trainer and (sometimes annoying ;-)) health nut, I realized that since I started running, my appetite had increased like crazy...and I was caving to the idea of "since I'm running I can eat what I want".  Not the case.  So in the attempt to reclaim my body, most of my next recipes will be chicken, fish and turkey...even though people do not seem too interested in my recipes, hang in there, the month is almost over!

This recipe is the Garlic Chicken Breasts I mentioned a couple days ago...really easy and yummy.

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 envelope garlic and herb or Italian salad dressing mix
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine cheese and dressing mix. Add chicken; shake to coat.

Place chicken  in a greased 8 inch square baking dish.  Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.

I didn't use halves, just the whole chicken breast, so it took more like 45 minutes to cook, but it was delicious and perfect for just the two of us, no leftovers!

So, here's to hopefully losing a few pounds, eating healthy and toning up a bit!

This coming Monday, Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment